Tuesday, April 2, 2019

Be yourself


                  Be yourself



Welcome everyone.

The other day I was talking with my mom. We got onto the topic of hair, and makeup.  She told me of how she wished that she could dye her hair purple, or blue, and that she wished she could be bold enough to wear her makeup darker, or with vibrant colors. We talked for a while about it. I asked her Why she didn’t just do it. Her main reasons were, because she was afraid, she wouldn’t like it, and that other people wouldn’t like it. (My response to this is always advice). I told her if she wants to dye her hair she should. There are dye’s that last for 30 washes, and that’s it. If she didn’t like it, she would only have to deal with it for a short amount of time. I also told her that the only opinion that should matter is her own. Ever since this conversation took place, I have been thinking a lot about it.

Through out my whole life I have heard people say that they can’t do something bold to themselves. When asked why, I am always given the same answer. Fear. Why let that fear control you?  Those thoughts of everyone else’s opinion, don’t let them get to you. Those thoughts of you not liking the outcome, push past them. The best thing about being your own person, is truly being yourself.

Want to dye your hair? Do it. Want to wear vibrant colors, or wear different cloths? Go get them, and put them on.  There is an entire world of possibilities. Open your mind. Fight your fears. Be who you want to be. 

Till next time.

                           -Kandi

2 comments: